PRODUCT RECEIVING INSTRUCTIONS AND FREIGHT CLAIMS POLICY RECEIVING INSTRUCTIONS
Full Cabinet orders or single pieces larger than 48 inches wide
The cabinets are packaged unassembled in individual boxes and placed onto a shrink wrapped pallet. The cabinets will be shipped via common carrier (Yellow/Roadway, R&L, USF, etc.) using the most efficient provider based both on estimated time and price. The cabinets can be shipped to businesses with or without a loading dock, residences, and construction sites. A person will need to be on site to inspect and sign for the shipment. A lift-gate is included on all residential deliveries and available for commercial deliveries if needed. The driver is only responsible for placing the pallet onto the ground on residential deliveries or commercial deliveries without a dock or forklift. All destinations must be tractor trailer accessible. Shipping and handling charges cover one delivery attempt to customer. In the event that due to customer availability or other customer circumstance, an order is not deliverable, the customer will be responsible for additional shipping and handling. If there are any problems concerning the delivery please contact us as soon as possible. All shipments should be thoroughly inspected for damage by the buyer or the buyer’s designated recipient before the shipment is accepted. The buyer is responsible for all damage that occurs following receipt of the shipment.
Small cabinet orders (normally those with less than 4 cabinets)
The cabinets will be packaged unassembled in individual boxes shipped via UPS or Fedex. The cabinets can be shipped to businesses with or without a loading dock, residences, and construction sites. If there are any problems concerning the delivery please contact us as soon as possible. All shipments should be thoroughly inspected for damage by the buyer or the buyer’s designated recipient. The buyer is responsible for all damage that occurs following receipt of the shipment.
1. PLEASE INSPECT THE SHIPMENT IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIPT.
2. PLEASE SIGN FOR PIECE COUNT AS WELL AS PALLETS.
3. The freight carrier has acknowledged the receipt of this shipment from our facilities in GOOD CONDITION. By your acceptance of the shipment from the carrier on the bill of lading, you acknowledge that the product has been delivered in GOOD CONDITION. Great Buy Cabinets cannot be responsible for loss or damage if you give the carrier a clean and clear receipt.
4. If any shortages or damages are discovered upon delivery, MAKE A NOTATION FOR DAMAGE AND/OR SHORTAGE ON THE BILL OF LADING WITH A REPRESENTATIVE FROM THE CARRIER PRESENT BEFORE ACCEPTING THE ORDER.
Consignee Inspection Checklist
INSPECT THE SHIPMENT AS FOLLOWING:
-Tell the driver you will need 5 minutes to inspect the package.
-Inspect the package thoroughly, back to front, top to bottom, side to side, opening the packaging as needed.
IF THERE ARE ANY SIGNS OF DAMAGE OR SHORTAGE (EVEN MINOR SCRATCHES, HOLES, OR DENTS):
-Write a specific and thorough description of the damage and/or shortage on the proof of delivery (POD)
-Note on the POD if the shrink wrap IS or IS NOT INTACT
-Take pictures immediately
-Report it to the shipper immediately. Concealed damage must be reported to the carrier within 5 calendar days of delivery.
* Shipping is restricted to continental United States
**Freight carriers are only responsible to delivering curbside only. They DO NOT offer inside delivery.